MANDATORY EQUIPMENT TO BE PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT:
NOTE: All equipment and clothing must be labelled with full name and/or race number.
- Rain cover for backpack
- Sleeping bag: Temperature rating of 2 Celsius (35F) or lower
Note: the manufacturer's label must be intact and reflect that this minimum requirement is met. No alternatives (e.g. silk liner) will be acceptable. If a label is not available on the sleeping bag, a printout of the manufacturer's sleeping bag specifications which includes the temperature rating must be presented at the mandatory race check-in.
- Sleeping pad
- Light down jacket
- Water proof rain jacket
- Knife with a minimum 5cm blade
- Signal mirror at least 6cm in diameter
- Space blanket (at least 2.2 metres by 1.4 metres in size)
- Two head lamps with spare batteries, each headlamp must be a minimum of 200 lumens
- Red flashing light (to be afixed to backpack for night stage)
- Participants must supply their own containers for water (we recommend 2 x 750ml bottles - please refer to Water section under Rules and Regulations for more details of water supply)
- A minimum of 2,000 calories for each remaining stage of the race (4,000 calories for Stage 3) upon completion of the previous stage for a total of 14,000 calories at the start of self-sufficiency on Day 1.
- Country flag patch for your left shirt sleeve, to be worn everyday during the race
- Blister Kit - (alcohol wipes, hypodermic needle, paper tape, elastic tape e.g. Elastikon, Leukotape)
Weight will be a crucial factor and we therefore recommend that you select the lightest possible gear and equipment when making your choices.
Spot checks for mandatory equipment will be conducted during the race.
TO BE PROVIDED BY THE ORGANIZERS:
- Race Course Book
- Emergency electrolyte replacement tablets at camps and checkpoints
- Race Passport
RECOMMENDED ITEMS (not mandatory):
- Long tights
- Long sleeved top
- Extra pairs of socks
- Cap (sahara hat with neck flap, if you prefer)
- Foot powder
- Hand sanitizer
- Insect repellant
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Toilet paper
- Wet wipes
- Spork (spoon/fork)
- Small amount of duct tape
- Ear plugs
If you have any questions regarding equipment please join us on our G2G/M2M Ultra Group on Facebook where there is an active forum among entrants providing great tips and advice. Please remember to Like our Mauna to Mauna Ultra Page!